back to blog

Answers to some common questions

June 24, 2021

Q: Are Chris & Alaina based on you and your husband?

No, I’m very happily married and not nearly as spiteful as Alaina – most days! However, being together for 16 years, we’ve had several ups and downs that I can use as inspiration for some of the things that go on between them. There are lots of life events that I’ve drawn from as inspiration. In addition to Chris, my husband is inspiration for most of the male characters in my book… aside from Phil, of course. He’s a very complex human being who I adore.

Q: Where do you get Jim’s sayings?

90% of the time, I get them from memory. My family originates from the south and I’ve heard several of these sayings directly from my aunt and my mother! My mom reads and tweaks as I write and I have to give her credit for most of these. The other 10% of the time, when I really need something crafty, there’s an online forum of southern sayings that people post on that I look to!

Q: How do you come up with the story and where it goes?

Every morning over coffee, I chat with my husband about whatever section I’m working on. He lets me know what’s realistic and helps me build up my ideas. I also brainstorm with my mother about the various twists and turns; she helps me determine whether or not each area is engaging enough to keep readers interested.

Q: Why Why Why did you end on a cliffhanger and are you going to do it again?

All of you people need to settle down about the cliffhanger! It’s a series! Series are supposed to keep you wanting more. Book 2 is on a path toward a potential cliff or two but I shall try to keep you partially on your feet to avoid the 3 star impatient reviewers! LOL.

Q: What’s the hardest part about writing?

Finding spare time. Working full-time and writing full-time means I’m almost always at my computer. My husband loves that I’m writing and is maybe more excited about my book launch than me, but still I would love to be free to write without the work schedule to allow for some spare family time.

Q: What’s the best part about writing?

The messages, reviews, and comments! Seeing people relate to and fall in love with these characters I made up in my head is so amazing.



Related Posts

Get updates whenever new books are being released

Subscribe To My Newsletter

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.